Saturday, January 22, 2011

Anger

I admit it, I like groomed trails. Today through knowing full well that I could be getting into a mess of a trail I went to Allan Park.
A happy surprise was , although not groomed it was evident that alot of skiers had been through breaking trail, which made for a somewhat happy ski. I should note I am post nights and I am not in a good mood.

Then out of no where in the middle of the trail snowshoe tracks appear, thus eliminating the track set. Anger is building. All I could think about was how evil and selfish those snowshoers were to destroy the track. As my anger is bubbling I can't help but notice now super fresh these tracks look, well 2km later I catch up with them. At first sight I scream "STOP". I skied my little heart out to get passed them, just saying how I was anxious to get back to the beautiful track set. Cause I knew if I shared how I actually thought then it could come to blows.

Was I selfish to think that it is nice to enjoy the track set, will I be criticised for sharing my feelings on my blog??

2 comments:

West Grey Runner said...

No critic here ..it all about mids, belive me I live the life too.

Angie and Bodo said...

Ah groomed trails, nothing like it, especially when your one of the first people on them, like yesterday at Glenelg!
Kudos to keeping your cool though!!