Monday, January 17, 2011

1/66 Completed

Because Luke set the goal of reading the bible in a year and because I thought that I'm just as good as he his... and because I am too competitive for my own good, now I have the goal of reading the bible in a year.

I am now done Genesis the first book of 66 in the bible. The goal is to read four chapters a day. I admit I will skim all the genealogy and frankly I hate poetry soo there might be some skimming of the poetic books. I am reading the message version which is really readable.

So this here is my public decoration of this goal so I can be held accountable to strangers.

4 comments:

Erika Mills said...

Lol.

You hate poetry?
I hate running.

jeanettedianne said...

I also set this as a goal this year for myself...I have been going to church regularly for the past 3 months..and I am really enjoying it. I am trying to get involved through the church to go overseas to africa to help with the Aids epidemic...that has been my dream for many years. I am not up on my bible stories and sometimes have trouble understanding who the pastor is refering to during services...I had to look up who this Emmanuel fellow was they kept talking about, not realising it was jesus!! LOL

Anne said...

lol... although I can see myself doing the same thing. What church are you attending?

jeanettedianne said...

I am attending christ church anglican in Oshawa. I just love it!