Monday, June 14, 2010

Good Person Contest

... on that front I am afraid as a family we fail! Despite supporting many causes financially we do not have a sponsor child. Sure there has been many sad videos watched, personal pleas heard, and yet we still have not felt the urge to open our wallets once a month and give a child a chance.

But now I think I get it. I have never- even as a child- had a heart for children. I have always been concerned about the adults going hungry, the widows, and women perishing in childbirth. Thus no heart strings were pulled when asked to sponsor a child.

ON Saturday night we were in attendance at a Watoto choir, and one of the sponsorship opportunities available is for a house mother.... a woman who is a mother to eight children in a home in a Watoto community. And finally I think we will do it.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

While in Uganda I met a few of the house mothers, and shared a meal with one and 3 of her children... they were all lovely people. It would definitely be money well spent!! :D