Sunday, June 20, 2010

Chopy, Rough, and Hot- Guelph Lake Triathlon

Just so you know I am really never happy with what I do. I could come first, achieve a massive personal best, have heads of state wanting to meet me and I will still be cursing myself.

Swim- 750metre
Actual-18:39
Was a better open water swim- felt slightly more in control. Water was choppy but I didn't drown. Was in a three cap colour situation only so that was a victory. I must remember that I have just learned to swim and everything takes time.

Bike 19k
Actual - 40:55
Tons of traffic, actually used my brakes ALOT- was stuck behind people and often just couldn't move. Found the course rough.. and all the bumps went to my sensitive lady parts- ouch! OH and could somebody just stop time everyday for an hour so I don't miss family time but am able get some riding in.

Run 5k
Actual 23.53
Very hot out there. In fact I had extra water from the bike and opened my bottle and dumped it on my head before I left transition. Every water station I dumped water all over myself. Ended up with blisters on my toes due to the moisture. Felt really strong of the bike- no jelly legs.


So I had a goal in around 1:30 and ended up with a time of 1:26:14. So I should be happy right? Nope- Now I am thinking endlessly about two more minutes I'm sure I could have shaved off my time if I had only just tried harder some where. I'm endlessly cursing my bike time when Luke reminds me that I put alot of time into the run....and I know that but I also know that running is the most time efficient method of exercising... and it all goes back to the triad of of clothes- food- exercise.

No comments: