Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sponsored Athlete!!



I am proud to say that I am now honoured to be a sponsored athlete of the Liquor Control Board of Ontario. It is quite simple really, while running I make an effort to pick up empty liquor bottles/cans and in turn The Beer Store gives me 10cents a item. For my spring efforts I received $8.80.

Thanks to my exhaustive research I have noted that the residents of Bruce/ Grey  County seem to have a fondness for drinking Busch Lager on back country roads and throwing the bottles out windows into ditches.

The photo above represents a single hour long run on the Mary Rutherford Road. 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Double Bellybuster said...

It's pretty shocking the amount of open booze in vehicles. In Udora, we get cottagegoers - up to $1.50 on a Sunday. I just note the empties while running and make the family dog wear a backpack on the walk that follows. He needs to earn his rent.

Janice said...

Congratulations on your sponsorship:) Does that mean you get free beer as well? Although if it's Busch....not sure you'd want it!

West Grey Runner said...

Busch is a lousy Beer, I can totally understand why someone would throw it out the window!

robi ayles said...

Only 0.05 for a can though.