Thursday, May 31, 2012

My First Love


While riding today i was reflecting on how much I love to cycle. One might think with as much running I do, that would be my first love. In reality, as a kid/ teenager I would never just go for a run, but from the time I could ride a two wheeler, my bike was an extension of my body.
It was my transportation, it was a way to fill time, and I had some pretty good BMX moves. Even now, MTN biking isn't really difficult as I have inherently good bicycle skills. I didn't go for distance as I rarely went for more than 10k at a time as a teenager. As a kid it was just endless loops of the feed lot I lived on. Which BTW, thanks to google I see is around 6oometres. I recall developing massive callous on my palms of my hands every spring. And as I sit here I realise why I can't handle hills on the bike, there was no hills in the corner of Elderslie township where I lived.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: