Saturday, May 12, 2012

Read, Watch, Listen

 

Read
Recently read two great books about persons who live with an Autism spectrum disorder. Carly's Voice. A teen in Toronto who after years of intensive therapy makes a break through and starts communicating with those around her.  Also, The Journal of Best Practices. About how a relationship can change and grow once somebody starts to try- regardless of how that simply isn't them and never will be.

Watch

Thanks to Netfix, night shift and my non functioning brain, and our lack of TV , I can get slightly obsessed with television series. I go through all available ones and then stop. I simply can't  just watch a show on a weekly basis. I would rather wait until there is a whole series or at least a season to watch at a time. Might be something about my generation and the need for instant gratification... or is that Maya's?? Anyways, I am currently on series one of Glee. I kinda want be Sue Sylvester. I am serious. This is my excuse for why I refuse to be involved with other people's children, and why I maybe would not make a nice coach, and maybe why people think I push hard.

Listen

As a child I spent endless hours hold up in the back of my parents car getting lung cancer while my father smoked and listening to country music while  they embarked on a Sunday drive somewhere so we could have a picnic-  my mothers obsession. My father also had a minor obsession with movies involving the transportation industry, as in transport trucking. Thus, quite often while flipping the radio I pause at country and western stations and listen to old 'favorites'. Yep, I spent .99cents on Convoy.  I am not really a good person who doesn't steal music, couldn't find it for free anywhere.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janice said...

My Reads -- Insurgent (and any other books currently popular with the age 13 crowd) and Believing the Lie, by Elizabeth George (my favourite author)

My Watches -- Like you, I like to go through an entire series. Just finished Season 6 of The Closer. No more left. No sure what I'm going to watch next.

My Listens -- anything that makes me run fast. I buy lots of dance stuff just for running. Otherwise, anything I can sing loudly to in the car.

Cheers