Thursday, March 24, 2011

Freedom


I  jumped right on the eat seasonally locally bandwagon. We belong to a summer and a winter CSA. I read labels religiously, go out of my way to buy the cheese produced in Tesswater, only buy butter from the local co-operative, meat cooked in this house is from one or two select farms, if there is Ontario fruit available there will purchasing of non local fruit. Hence we spend a small fortune on food. It is a priority in this house and so it is ok.... but....

At this time of year, the CSA is done. I am slightly burnt out from cooking, and we slack a bit. We generally have bananas in the house, I will buy items that are not in season, and come from lord knows where... and it is slightly freeing.

Back on the bandwagon in a month.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: