Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Potty Trained

Well the deed is done, there will be no more diapers in this house, all because *drum roll* Ever is potty trained!

This picture is of Ever's first pooh on the potty. I was downstairs and Ever did this all by himself then came to get to me and show me. I'm not one of those sit with you while you defecate parents.

The entire process wasn't that painful. Ever basically initiated it by deciding not to wear diapers anymore cause they brothered him. What potentially started the movement was a big discussion about what happens when you pooh in the pool.
So we decided it was time, and we commit. There is no diapers at night, there is no pull ups ( diapers marketed as another name), and only once did he pooh in his pants. Sorry Stephanie. I think the process took a week.
I have a sense of disbelief about the whole thing. Really... !!No more???
It had to happen soon cause I kept on forgetting to change his diapers anyways.
Now the next step is moving from the potty to the toilet cause we aren't so good at emptying the potty, so then Ever does it, and well sometimes it doesn't work out so well. To facilitate this we are getting this amazing toilet seat.

So now I have all of the diapers for sale. Anybody want to be completely set up for $175?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Erika Mills said...

Wow, right on Ever! Yes, sell those diapers before he reverts and you revert and the whole thing goes to pot, lol.

This post is classic Anne style: way too much information ;)

robi ayles said...

The only thing that I don't like about that seat is that it has no splash guard. Are you planning on selling it when Ever no longer needs it?