Friday, May 14, 2010

Luke's Music

At 32, I have come to realize that my music tastes that I once thought diverse, have narrowed. While I used to download and update the songs on my ipod pretty regularly, but now for the last couple of years  I just listen to the Dance Department, Tiesto's Club Life, and Indie Feed Electronica podcasts. While those podcasts cover a wide variety of music, I typically enjoy the sort of french house electronica that groups like Daft Punk, all of the Ed Banger crew, SebastiAn and several others create. One primary theme being that very little of what i listen to has lyrics. The other being that what I listen has a lot of variety within the spectrum of the genre, from a nice heavy beat, to a more ambient mixed style.
Besides that , I guess I also listen to a lot of Massive Attack, and a few other random ones that I have picked up off of the internet. Oh ya, that and several CBC podcasts when I don't want to listen to music.
Otherwise its electronic stuff.



Oh and also, rumour is that Daft Punk is going on tour this summer to promote the Tron Legacy soundtrack, which they created. So if they are in Toronto, Anne and I plan on going if anyone else is interested.

3 comments:

Erika Mills said...

I heard Daft Punk on the radio the other day. Smiled and remembered HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!

Luke said...

blah, high school.

I didn't listen to them until I was in my twenties. And the crowd at the show anne and I went to in '07 was firmly in their twenties as well.

And on the radio? In grey-bruce?! ;P

robi ayles said...

Me. I like them but I'm too cheap to pay more than probably $30 so maybe I couldn't go...