Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mississaga Marathon Observations from Luke

  • Eating with runners the night before a big race, is NOT something to do if you are looking to lose weight. 
  • Noticed a runner kind of running oddly, then noticed that her thighs had rubbed themselves raw the prior 17km and were bleeding. Probably the most painful thing I have seen in a long time. But she was obviously determined to finish.
  • Saugeen tri club members loved when I cheered for them on the course, which I do extremely loud and long. That's a lot of fun.
  • Had a great time hanging out with everyone.
  • Marathon rate at a very nice hotel made me feel spoiled. Best water slide I have been on in a long time. Seriously.
  • Seeing everyone run half and full marathons, in no way, shape, or form, makes me want to do it sometime.
  • It is sort of stressful trying to beat the runners to spectator points to see people go by. Especially if they are fast. I missed Bevin for this reason.
  • I didn't take enough pictures... as usual.

2 comments:

Erika Mills said...

I think you should invite us next time - we like water slides, pig-out sessions AND Bevin and Anne.

West Grey Runner said...

I was surprised when I saw you ... nearing the end of the run I wasn’t noticing much.

Ron.