Thursday, February 04, 2010

Settling

As Luke and I got married at the rip young age of 20, I had to sit on the sidelines and painfully watch my friends and acquaintance discuss the 'perfect man'. In one particularly painful episode some woman in our bible study were talking about men and their desires to be married, and I piped up and said..." Ummm maybe do you think you are asking for too much? That didn't go over well.

Today I'm reading the Toronto Star, and it seems some single sad 40 year old is publishing a book with a movie deal in the works advising woman everywhere to ignore the annoying qualities and Marry Him! Well that is a few million dollars I didn't make.

Oh and thanks to Facebook, those woman appear to be quite happily married.

2 comments:

robi ayles said...

I don't know if I participated in any of those discussions but I am, as 35 looms, thinking there is something to be said for getting married before you have too much time to think about it. Getting set in one's ways does not make it easier to find someone. That being said, I am cautiously happy these days although not yet, or necessarily about to be, married.

Rachel said...

*raises hand* still single over here too...lol.