Saturday, February 06, 2010

Groundhog Jog

Little fun local race to help celebrate the rodents prediction of six more weeks of winter.... and winter it was!
The children went to Mary and Dwight of Wosley, and Luke and I did this little jog 'together'. I say together loosely cause Luke doesn't want to run with me :(
It was incredibly cold and windy. Some short stretches of snowdrifts on the roads, the driving snow was a nice touch. At several points I tucked in behind other runners to get a break from the wind. Reasonable crowd for a race that was put together in a month and a half on a cold winter day, we think about 75ish runners/walkers. I did it in around 22:57- 2nd female overall.
Luke did really well with around 25- 26min mark. Received a metal for my efforts, I already have a bronze in the same pattern so now I need is a shinny gold. Oh and best Engraving ever on a metal. Seriously can not stand metals that have no details.

The true highlight were the porta poties. The Cadillac of movable sanitation. A delight!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Love the header! And the post was good too ;) You couldn't pay me one thousand dollars to do what you did today. Nope...sounds awful. Congrats to you.

West Grey Runner said...

Sounds like fun ….didn’t have this one on my radar! Where was the run