Saturday, May 09, 2009

Toronto




This week Maya and I travelled to Toronto to see a pediatric dermatologist for a check up on her nevus sebaceous, in case you are interested, it will be removed the summer of her 15th year. So while we were in Toronto we decided to do some other girly things, alot of which were vittoed due to see below, and the insane two hour wait for the doctor. She seemed proud that she was so behind. What we did do was ride a TTC bus to the subway station and ride the subway to the Eaton's Centre!! I had not been there since before we moved from Toronto, so it was interesting to see some changes on Young. As well, style watching while shopping was incredibly fun. Am aware I have no personal style. The day for Maya was all about food. She absolutely had to have desert after dinner- thus she got a chocolate at Godiva chocolates-but because we both looked rather worn out (Messy/Poor/ Dressed in Hanover chic) the clerk gave her an extra brownie.
Maya got a sweatshop dress from H &M, and I got one from Joe. I really wanted one from Jacob or Banana Republic, but I just could not justify the cost. Especially since.. see below. The highlight for the day was definitely the subway- so many questions. Funny because before we actually went on one she had no concept of what one was.

The other exciting news for Thursday was the engine seized on our 2002 Toyota. Yep, apparently a gasset blew which allowed antifreeze to leak all over the engine which caused it to lose all power. BUT I am choosing to praise god in this situation because:
- It happen somewhat close to home, outside of Arther.
-I was able to get off the road safely
-I was actually carrying my cell and was able to get Luke and CAA to come with in the hour.
- It was not raining so Maya and I were able to sit in the sun, in a field, eating a snack while we waited.
-I did not have Ever with me.
-We still made it to our appointment as we had actually left several hours early. Luke and I just switched cars.
-God is amazing and will provide.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she's sucking good. can I eat her lil butthole?