Monday, May 25, 2009

Creative Arts

It is VERY difficult to get a good picture of Maya. She just doesn't seem to know how to smile.

This past weekend my brother got married. Seeing the day as a sewing opportunity I jumped on it. For Maya, simple little dress. Only problem was making it HUGE. I swear I made it in the right size and measurements- even got somebody to help measure her so it would right. Thus had to take it in at the sides and hem it again. Did the waist three times. However, overall was simple. Done in Amy Butler fabric- as chosen by Maya. It was expensive but worth it.
Ever's little sailer suit was completed using a 35 year old pattern. Oh and it was insane. Just didn;t make sense.. thankfully I was able to sew at work during the night on my breaks. The thankful part is the other nurse previous job was sewing so thanks to her Ever's suit turned out so well. It must have taken me at least ten hours, but I got the fabric on sale so it cost less then $15 to make.
Amy, Doug's new wife also saw her wedding as an opportunity to create. She knitted the sweater and made the skirt. How cute is that!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: