Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mount Forest Trillium Run


Fourth Race in four weeks...yep getting a little tired. Only one more to go..... If I do it.

I did this race last year, but it was a different course and I had my exclusively breastfed baby in tow soo there is not much comparison. I did a PR for 10k- 45 :39. Good enough for 3rd overall. Wish I could say it was fun..but it was painful. I have had kinda a lazy month for training- other than races I have not really made it my priority, I think it was a combination of long recovery after around the bay and with killer cold/sinus something/ death virus. I started off with Westgrey, but wasn't feeling it so dropped off around 3-4k. Had more issues with stations only offering Gatorade when I wanted water. I feel really refreshed when I can dump a cup on my head, not so nice doing that with Gatorade. Really felt like I could never just get in the groove, although I kinda kicked it up around 8k and felt every step the last 2k. Able to sprint the last 100metres so I'm happy about that.
Now for the greedy portion of my post. Pictured is my joyous smile pretending that I am happy about the hat. Another hat. Hat that does not even fit me, nor Luke. Guess I am donating it to something. Anybody need a actually really nice brooks red hat?
Also... it has been sooooooo long since I have won anything in the draw prices. I would have been happy with a goody bag or socks or that devinici hybrid, or the Tim Hortins coffee maker. My plan was to sell the bike I won to buy a wetsuit. Lukes theory is that something really good must be coming.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: