Monday, May 04, 2009

Chesley Community Classic

Have I mentioned that I hate 5k? Just not my distance, although I read recently that EVERYBODY feels like hell doing them. Of course being a sucker for punishment, and it benefited the hospital, I participated, completing the hilly, windy course in 22:38. It should have rained just to add to my torture.
At the start line- which was rather expanded this year due to being the 20th anniversary, and the high school joining in- I thought I could possibly win it again. However at that moment I saw THE local fast female toe in at the start line. Then I realized one of these high schoolers might actually be racing it. Thus, I was 8th overall, 3rd female, 2nd in my age category.
Much sadness as this was to be the 5k that Luke promised to run with me this year. Guess it will just have to be another.

No comments: