Friday, March 20, 2009

Ticket

A few days ago I was driving to work for a hour long education session, simply was not paying attention to the speed I was driving and....you guessed it..lights and then a police man was walking up to my window. The thing about this ticket was I didn't try to talk my way out of it, just calmly accepted my fate. I was curious to see what would happen.

He drooped it from 118km to 108. Around $240 to a $90. Which is good I guess, although part of me just wants the opportunity to drive fast sometimes. There were no kids in the car, the roads were bare and dry. I know what I can handle and never go beyond my limits.

Although I wonder if I can get off on the fact he wasn't wearing a name tag, and frankly if he would have taken off his sunglasses it would do much to instill a bit of trust.

No comments: