Thursday, March 05, 2009

This is what is wrong with the world...

I am reluctantly sending the funds to cover the cost to bus my child from Dawnview public school to the Hanover regional recreational complex for swimming lessons. A distance of 750 metres. A distance the could easily be walked in 10- 15minutes. Frankly I think that is ridiculous. I could could go on about rising childhood obesity rates, or the environmental cost of busing children less then a kilometre, but really it has all been said before, and nobody is listening so why am I bothering. Perhaps to be the single voice of reason??

I am thinking of sending this to Maya's school teacher, principal, school trustee and school board. When I mentioned it though Maya started to cry and essentially in her own way begged me not to rock the boat. I hate to be labeled as one of those parents BUT IT IS 750 METRES!!!!!!!
Perhaps we could op out of the transportation and we could save the $14.

No comments: