Sunday, March 22, 2009

Next Week

Next week at this time I will have completed 30km in Around the Bay. I hope.....
My longest LSD is 25ish km, and it was slow, and torturous. Pain in my right knee, bilateral hips, and spams in my left foot. Slightly joyous as I took Brew the dog to keep me company. I really do not know why I do all these solitary sports as I am a social person. Really need more running friends. The best I can hope for is 2:45 for the amount of training I have put into it. A combination of crappy weather, Luke working late and me losing my motivation and some sickness has definitely slowed me down, and prevented me from completing the base I wanted. I have toyed with the idea of doing a spring marathon just for fun.. but again the time commitment puts a damper on my plans. Realistically I think I am looking a three hours. There is ALOT of hills. I think there actually may be some walking.

I was concerned about the state of my shoes so I got a new pair of Saucony Paramount's. Got them for free as I am a run leader for the learn to run clinic here in town. Also slowly trying out superfeet. They did wonders for my skates and are cheaper then seeing a foot doctor. Oh and just now looking at the web site I can put them in my bike shoes.

No comments: