Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Mathof a Happy Marriage

An article on a happy marriage resenly caught my eye. It pointed out the following as keys to having one.....and follows is how Luke and I are doing.
  • Say I love you daily- Yep do that. Actually it causes fights cause Luke gets mad if I do not say it EVERY SINGLE TIME we end a conversation.
  • Share two hobbies. Hmm we both like to read, sleep, cycle, Luke is going to try running cause I did soccer with him. Problem is we can never do any hobbies together.. at the same time.
  • Sex three times a week. With a child that has trouble sleeping, and my habit of working nights we are lucky to even share a bed three times a week.
  • Converse three times day during work hours. Actually yes. But it always me calling Luke....hmmm. But if I don't say I love you when the conversation is done...
  • Two romantic meals a month. Is anybody aware of how much that would cost?? There is the cost of the meal, the babysitter, the gas to get to a town with a romantic locale. Again, even to share meals together is hard due to my work, and I often make dinner then run while everybody is eating, and I eat alone later.
  • Four kisses and three cuddles daily. Ummm Ever pushes Luke away when he gets to close to me. The above mentioned not sharing a bed. Sometimes we kiss when Luke gets home, but honestly I am touched out. Between breastfeeding Ever and making an attempt to be affectionate with Maya so she isn't dysfunctional like me.. it is hard.
  • Get aways three times a year. Is this with or without children?

No comments: