Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Unemployment - Week 2

If I learn one thing from this experience, its that things are really out of my control and in God's hands.
The Senior Computer Hardware Technician position I am waiting for an interview for at Bruce Power is still in limbo over there. They don't think they will even start scheduling interviews for a couple of weeks. I still think this is the position that I am meant for and I am curious to see how it works out. Pray about this one.
However, one interesting development this week is that when I sent my resume to a few local companies I received an excited reply from a manager at Wightman Telecom. This was someone I had dealt with in the past and he had always been kind of impressed with me, so when he realized I was looking for a job he was quite keen to find me something there. The job he has in mind really wasn't within my experience, abilities or interest, so he passed me on to another manager with high recommendations. This is where it is interesting, Wightman as some very cool stuff coming up in the future that I think would be awesome to be involved in. However, they seem much more interested in getting me in to a supervisory role and I want more hands on. Ideally, I want a good mix of both (because you get paid more this way). I will probably meet with them this week and see if they can fit me into what they have planned. We will see what the Lord works out for me.
Unfortunately, there has been nothing available in the way of jobs listed either online or in local papers.
In the mean time, I really enjoying being at home, doing things with Maya and being with Anne more. Its going to be hard to go back to work when it does happen.

No comments: