Friday, April 01, 2005

Unemployment - Day Two

Today was pretty busy. Slept in to about 9am and then got ready to go to work for 10 to ask what my options were regarding pension contributions as well as get my personal belongings.
Also there was Lea, the person from the Grey Bruce Health Services who will be looking after the local stuff there. He is a pretty nice guy but not the best technically. He let me clean up my personal stuff off of the computer there and server before anyone else could get at it. Also got password and other server stuff cleared up.
Then I went around and said goodbye to all the departments, most of which I spent a lot of time in over the 3 and a half years I was there. Most people were pretty shocked and more then a few tears were shed. I found the whole thing quite amusing from my perspective (I don't know why, I believe the Lord has given me a lot of peace regarding this whole thing) and laughed a lot and didn't feel sad at all. I was surprised at the amount of anger from others though, a lot of people couldn't believe that the hospital had decided to get rid of me, and a few also suspected they were on the chopping block soon to. We will see.
It's pretty a much a given that a few hospitals will be closed up here in the next few years. There just isn't enough patients in the system here to make it viable for the number of hospitals in the area. A lot of nurses are leave in the next few years so maybe they will work with that. I may be really fortunate to be let go when I have been.
I worked the afternoon for my friend Nathan who runs a consulting business, but he can't really afford me. This prevented me from doing any job hunt stuff. There were no computer jobs in the paper.
On Monday, things really going as far as the job hunt. I will get a few things done over the internet in the mean time while Anne is working nights this weekend.

No comments: