Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Unemployment - Day Seven

It's really day three of a concentrated job search, and of that I have only had today as a full day to do it because of computer work I am doing for a friends business. He can only afford me on a very limited basis though.
So far the job search has not been successful at all. When looking in the paper and sites in the past I have noticed that IT jobs seem to come and go in clumps. One week there will be like three or four computer jobs listed and than none for a couple of months and it sure seems like its a dry spell right now. There has been nothing listing on the local sites, local papers, monster.ca or anything else. But it hasn't even been a week yet.
The one thing that I do keep hearing is that Bruce Nuclear is highering and as far as I know I am still expecting an interview for a computer technician job I applied for there in December. So far that is the only lead to anything.
The one thing that is hard is the fight down the rising panic. Questions like, "What if I can't find anything, what if I have to take some crappy low paying job just to make ends meet?".
Overall I think the Lord has really put me at peace with the whole thing, and I know He has something good in store for me as long as I follow the path.

No comments: