Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Well THAT was embarrassing...

On our phone systems here you dial "9" to get out and then the number. To get a long distance number you dial 9,123-345-2342. Well when you couple this with the arcaic phones that we are stuck with it makes double number presses very common. So this morning I dialed "9" then 1, Oops, it double pressed so I hung up and called the number properly.
Well way to go Luke you just dialled 911. The cops were here in 30 seconds and I had no idea that I had done that.
And the funny thing is that I had just had a conversation with the switchboard on monday about what problem this was as patients do it by accident all the time too.
Do you thing they will ever change the phone systems or the phones here to fix the problem? Hahahah that was a trick question, of course they won't.

No comments: