Saturday, September 11, 2004

Toronto and back again

So last night, for my birthday, my friend Nathan and I went to Toronto for an evening out. It was his treat for me as a present.We had 3 main things planned, and none of them ended up working out.
We first headed to Markham to visit Canada Computers and buy me a new Athlon 64 3000+ and an Asus A8N-E Deluxe motherboard combo, as it was payment for some computer work I had done for his business. They were sold out. No biggie, as we will order them online instead.
So after getting some noodles and other asian food in the area we headed over to play some laser tag. Unfortunately there was no one else playing, at all, and one-on-one is zero fun. So we played some arcade games and foosball and air hockey while waiting for some more people to show up. No one did so we left and decided to go the movies.
It's only 11:30 by this point so we figure Colossus at Hwy 400 and 7 will have lots of late shows. Nope, the don't have any movies playing on a Friday night after 10:30, which totally blows me away. So we drove home.
Granted I did enjoy talking with one of my best friends during the drive a great deal and we did have some fun but man 0 for 3 is pretty bad for a night out. Oh well, next time I guess.

No comments: