Tuesday, October 21, 2003

My sister-in-law came back from from a bike convention with her family to find their fridge had broke down while they were good and all the food had gone back. Very gross. But they were only gone a couple of days so it wasn't too bad.
It reminded me of an even worse thing that happened when I was college to a couple of classmates. They came back from 2 week Christmas holidays to find that their landlords had unplugged their fridge to save electricity while they were gone. The trouble is that the fridge was full of food and a number of meat items. My classmates returned to the apartment and they smell was soooo bad (rotting meat etc) that they couldn't even stay there and had to move out. I think they got screwed out of a months rent on top of it all.. *shudder*

No comments: