Sunday, October 26, 2003

My humble apologies for not posting until today! I have very good reasons, seriously I do. Here's the recap:

Stuart McLean: I really enjoyed the show. It was kind of weird hearing him talk in person, because its almost as if his voice is separated from his body. We did get a new Dave and Morley story, but it wasn't about them, it was about their old man neighbour and his false teeth. Very funny but not as much I think as if it had been about Dave and Morley.
There obviously were a lot of other parts to the show. There was some blues playing by some famous blues guy and also a singer who is a regular for the show. Both were quite good I thought, but Anne is not really fond of that type of music.
There was a story bit with the sounds played out by other guy that was quite funny and a guy doing some amazing tricks on a yo-yo. Stuart read two or three other anecdotal type stories that were very fun as well. There were also some give always of his newest book (!) and older book as well as a CD and some other stuff.
All in all very much worth the ticket price.

Thursday and Friday: Well I don't have much excuse for not posting thrusday except that I was super busy at work (and Friday too) because there was a 12-24 hour (it ended up being more than 24 hours :( ) planned downtime of our major patient care system and I had to get all the departments ready with downtime procedures and processes and such. I was exhausted. All in all I think everyone was pretty prepared but there is a LOT more work for everyone when you have hand write all the patient information and registration stuff. It was supposed to be up last night but it wasn't the last time I talked to them so I think I am going to ignore work until tomorrow :) Keep in mind our patient care stuff is done remotely through a WAN connection to the Owen Sound hospital and I was not really involved in it except to get our hospital prepared.

Wedding: The other reason I have been so busy is the wedding we had on Saturday for Anne's best friend Andrea Curry. She married a John Vanderkooy from Barrie who is a very cool guy and we all think they are a perfect match.
Even though Anne wasn't the Maid-of-honor she ended doing all of the work of one. So she has been in Owen Sound all week helping and helping a lot. With her seven and a half month pregnant now its a miracle she can still walk after all the running around she. I fully expect her to crash today :). I went there right after work on Friday to help out as well. And Saturday morning I got there at 9am and didn't stop moving until about 10pm last night. I got a good nights sleep last night so today I think I am fine although I think I have a headache from caffeine withdrawal.
I was the MC at the reception and received a lot of compliments on my "performance" or whatever you want to call it. I was under strict instructions to just move things along, prevent confusion, and not make stupid jokes. Apparently this went over very well with all the guest who were very happy they didn't have to listen to me ramble on. And everyone help they knew at all time what was going on and where they were to be (for dessert, supper, etc) I sounded like an idiot for the first couple sentences and then I think I was fine. Apparently coherent anyway :)
I am glad its all done and today we will just relax I think and I have hockey tonight. So all in all a good weekend.

No comments: