Monday, January 30, 2012

Dinner Tonight!!

Food thought of the day....
You put your money in what you value. I value what I put in the only body I am going to get soo I spend lots of money on food. There is no food budget.
Thus, if it is healthy and good for me I really don't care what the cost is.  That goes for chocolate as well- cause really cheap chocolate is disgusting, as is cheap food.

1. Fresh from the CSA greenhouse spinach- just cause I wanted something green on my plate.

2. Leftover salad from a potluck.  I didn't have any pistachio nuts cause Luke ate them. Didn't have any fresh herbs to add so I didn't. So instead I added sea weed cause I found it in the cupboard and hemp hearts cause I like them.

3. Celeriac and Potato Gratin- From the CSA newsletter
-1 celeriac -Peeled and sliced thin
-1 large potato-Peeled and sliced thin
-2 cloves glaric minced
-250ml each chicken or veggie stock and milk or cream
-1Tflour
- Na and pepper to taste

Mix it all up and cook for 90min in 375 oven. 8x8 dish uncovered.
I used half a celeriac and instead used rutabaga cause I love them.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's your protein? do your kids eat this too?

Julie

Anne said...

I don't really worry about protein..
and yes the kids eat this as well. I am proving healthy faverful meals. They can go hungry if they chose not to eat. I'm sure I have family not more than a generation ago who would have gone to bed hungry for lack of food.