Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Run4health- Walkerton.

Interesting fact- this is the second race of the year I have done going by the title run 4/for  health and they were both timed by the same company.

June 10k- 47:20
Sept 10k- 47:53

Apparently I am getting slower as the year goes on.It was hot, and I am losing the weight loss battle. Why do I do these things?

Really they were both bad days. The entire race I hated as it was on road. Road that I actually train on all the time- read BORING and sick of. OK enough negativity.

First year event put on for the Walkerton Hospital foundation. I actually made an effort and raised money -$303.00 worth. Excellent organization. By far the best first year event I have ever been to. Long sleeve tec t-shirt. Chocolate finishers metal. No door prises which is sad cause I love door prices and really who doesn't?

Maya did the 1k family fun run. My only beef with the day was there was a one size fits all cotton t-shirt for her. Well we didn't take it. She doesn't want it, it doesn't fit me. Frankly just a waste. I am sure they will be filling the racks of the local thrift store in the next month. She made me run it with her. So she moaned and complained the entire thing that I was running to fast and her legs hurt. Misery loves company so I'm thinking this has got to stop and I can not run with her. I didn't want to, I wanted to cut the apron strings but she almost had a panic attack thinking she would have to go by herself and all the other children. She got a kinder egg at the finish line- best prise ever. Oh and  a ribbon. She cared way more about the egg.

1 comment:

West Grey Runner said...

Come on Anne , you forgot the 2nd in AG award. Congratulations on a good day even though it doesn't appear that you recognize it!