Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Dairy Beverage

Went to get Anne some chocolate milk (great recovery drink) tonight as it was on special a Mac's. 99/c per L
But it turns out it wasn't chocolate milk it was chocolate dairy beverage, which is disgusting (yes we taste the difference).
Seriously, its not milk, its manufactured modified milk ingredients. Its getting hard to find real chocolate milk  and I thought in this day and age were were tryng to move away from man-made food like substances.
Oh well, there is always regular milk and chocolate powder, but I know I will be looking at the labels on those closely too.

1 comment:

Angie and Bodo said...

Yes it's the devils milk!! Check out this article about modified milk ingredients http://seasonalontariofood.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-spoke-too-fucking-soon.html
Now I always read the ingredients. Since then I only by pine river or cracker barrel cheddar cheese,(those two are usually the only real cheese in the dairy section,the real stuff is in the deli section)gay lea butter, Saugeen country yogurt, western sour cream, haven't bought a container of ice cream since 2009 and other then the cracker barrel cheese they're local products. Lactantia makes chocolate milk using skimmed milk however there is other shit in it so it's really only the lesser of two evils and just like most real food stuff it's also more expensive!
I can get really obsessed about what we eat and where it comes from to the point that I just get depressed and want to stay in bed. But you know sometimes I just throw caution to wind and buy that jar of cheese whiz because as my old friend "the Prof" says you're a long time dead!!!