Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Bayshore Race

Second year of this local half marathon.. and I have never done it. Had to fix that. Cute course, some hills, some gravel road, some rail trail and a whole lota pavement. Either I pulled a muscle on the pavement or it is from MTN biking either way I'm walking funny.
Goal was to complete in under 1:45. Ended up chatting the race away, strong steady effort. Pleased with the result. Kinda lost all steam around 20k- even let somebody pass. Ran the last 50 or so metres in with the kids which I have always wanted to do.
Find it slightly bizarre that the local newspaper was a platinum sponsor and yet there is no mention actually in the paper. Guess there is too much baseball news. I hate baseball.

2 comments:

Doonst! said...

What you let Ron beat you! Wish I was there. We'll have to all have it out say in Hamilton. I know you have a 1:35 in you (if you line up right).

West Grey Runner said...

make it a flat 1/2 and take 2-3 minutes off maybe even 5. Sheldon is correct , sub 1:35 all the way. Do Road to Hope 1/2.