Sunday, July 24, 2011

A 'Weighty' Issue

It appears that the magical ability to eat anything while breastfeeding has finally  dissipated. Or it could be that I am not using any sort of restraint but the one thing that is true is I'm becoming portly.
It has creeped up slowly. My wetsuit needs a little extra tugging to be done up, my clothes are a bit snug, and no that isn't all new muscle in my thighs, and the most important is- compared to six months ago a friend who had not seen me noticed a difference.

And why??
I think it is simply I eat to much. I never think twice about a second serving. If it is there I eat it.  With a box of chocolates  at work I eat eight instead of the more reasonable two. I know I have become more relaxed about eating junk food. I mean if ice cream is on sale I really don't have to buy it. Perhaps I am fueling myself too much for the long runs. I really don't need one supper before a run and one after.

I know people may think I am skinny and I have nothing to worry about but  genetics always rule. Sure my mother is a match stick But on my fathers side the woman tend to run a little thick, and I think I could run thick too.

Thus everybody has the permission to act as a community of supporters and remind me that no, that Key Lime pie just isn't worth it.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

It seems rather unfair that with the amount that you exercise, you still have to watch what you eat. Unfair, I say! Love, Your portly sister!