Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Thaw

For a fun little "C" race I did the Barrie Spring Thaw this weekend. Mostly it was a reason to have a quick visit with Andrea, but I also wanted a chance to do a 5k race and see how much farther I have to go in order to do 5k under 20 minutes.

Perhaps this wasn't the race to do it.

As it was a 'C' race- meaning mostly for fun, not following my pre race rituals, sickly with a cough that sounds like I am a pack a day smoker, a sinus thing going on that causes a constant drip of thick yellow blood tinged discharge......perhaps it was not my best perform possible.
Goal was 22min.
Actual time 22:18.. so not bad, beat the fit looking girl with nicer legs then me so all is good. Think I was the third female across the line. Second in my age category, pretty what much I expected from a charity run benefiting the local christian high school.

The highlight post was going to the running room and getting a brooks running skirt. Thanks Annie! Took it out on a LSD today. Is great... slightly worried I got the wrong size- hoping it will shrink in the wash a tad.

No comments: