Sunday, April 26, 2009

Injury


After having not really hurt myself for a couple of seasons, I have been kind of waiting this past year to get injured.
So it happened at the last game of Futsal (indoor soccer) of the season this past Monday.
My team was short and we had no subs. It was about 8 minutes into the second half and my team was up 4-1. I was defence and tried to stop the ball from going out over goal line to prevent a corner kick and at the same time an opposing player was trying to kick it at the net. Somehow I managed to trip over the end of my foot and the other player kind of fell into me at the same time.
So this was the result (although I think this picture is from Wednesday). I was out for the rest of the game and my ankle immediately started swelling. The bruising and such didn't appear until the next evening. Its probably one of the more painful injury's I have had before but at least I can walk on it as long as I don't go sideways at all.
I am just hoping it gets well soon enough that I'm not going to miss any outdoor games.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: