Monday, October 31, 2011

It is ok to take candy from strangers night!!!

Maya wanted to be a sparkle gitter princess, which is so boring she might as well broke my heart and gone as a Disney princess. However after some intense Internet research we negotiated to agreeing upon Cleopatra. Still royalty but not so commercialized. On the plus side I think there is little to no chance Disney will ever rape her story as there is no way to celebrate her incestuous marriage to her brother.
Mayas costume breakdown. Bride costume from last year repurposed. Gold belt repurposed from angel costume two years ago.  Excess fabric from the basement for the neck and cape thingie. Jewels and headband from the dollar store. Sinful.


Ever is a knight. He wanted to be a superhero, but there wasn't anything in the dress- up truck to use. So I just kinda told him what he was going to be. Don't worry he put his two cents in, to the point we had to show him what knights wore before he would actually put on his costume.
The cape was a skirt I wore when I was 22 and lined with given to me fabric. The rest of the costume is thanks to the McCutcheon- Cutting Family. Those are Kyles helmet and sward... and the armor is Courtney's old fish-hook purse.

Luke is a Pirate- Bear. There is nothing to say about that patheticness.

I'm a gypsy. The costume was inspired by my lack of shower in five days and dirty hair. Who goes well with a head scarf- gypsy costume of course! It was decided that perhaps Hanover should see a revival of the Bohemian look just so we can dress like this on a daily basis.

Posted by PicasaPost trick- er treating spoils. Plan- eat as much as possible before the kids notice it is gone.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Haha, love the photos and the story ... especially Maya's somewhat awkward pose in the last one. Hope you're having fun with the sugar-hyped kids!! Also, I sent mail for them with something I mailed to mom last week; let me know when/if they get the letter and card?

robi ayles said...

Ever was telling me you wanted him to be a robot but he was going to break out of the costume! Glad he took to the knight costume better!

jeanettedianne said...

lukes costume is awesome! haha made me laugh!