Monday, October 24, 2011

Done and Done!


 



In November of 2010 somebody asked me what my plans were for 2011- in reference to sport/ races and impulsively I said, " Oh I think I might just stick to the trails next year."
And it seems for me the best decisions I make are the ones made on the fly with no thought nor insight. I am really fun to go shopping with.
I decided I would do the OUSER trail series with the aim to win it. It is a nine races series, your best five races count towards the Brian Hutson Award. For the reccord I do not know who Mr Hutson is. The distances are 25-32k which I knew I could handle with out falling apart and manage to keep my distance where it needed to be. I ended up doing six of the races that counted towards points. I did have competition from another girl who did four of the races and if she would have done the 25k at Vulture bait instead of the 50k she would have won..... and thats OK cause she is the faster runner. But she didn't and I am so blissfully happy. I knew there was a trophy for the other series in OUSER but I had no idea I would have a trophy to take home on Saturday. I was super happy that the man who shall remained unnamed and his wonderful wife hung around to see me get my trophy and act as official photographers. Thanks !!!! Now the trophy is on my sideboard and anybody who comes to my house has to see it. I even took it to work the day after I got it.

There is something to be said about setting a goal ans working towards it that gives a tremendous sense of accomplishment. Even when my ADD brain was thinking about a ton of other events I focused and did it. The only one I planed to do but backed out of was the ITT, for the simple reason I didn't want to drive to Burlington.

So now onto next year. I have been giving more thought to Boston qualifying and as I find it easier to train in the winter I could get a ton of mileage and do a 100miler...but I think I better think on  that for bit.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sheldon said...

Congratulations, Sheldon.

Doonst! said...

Brian Hutson bio:
http://ouser.org/bios/huts_b.htm
Your name here:
http://ouser.org/standings/category_winners.htm

West Grey Runner said...

Congratulations on your very successful season Anne. I am really looking forward to seeing what you accomplish next year.

Double Bellybuster said...

Awesome!