Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Shore to Shore Race




This race was less then 18hours after duelathlon so I wanted to do it but thought perhaps I would treat it was a training run, have a nice relaxed pace, chat with my friend Lyndsey, and enjoy the day. So I stood at the back of the pack, when the gun went off I didn't care, just got my ipod ready and started to jog. Then I thought there were too many people around me so I started passing people, so then I started moving a little faster, so then I set the timer on my watch ... then I decided to just race the darn thing. And race I did, in some magically way I managed to do the bloody thing in 1:o3:19- 4:83per kilometre. 56/210 Overall. This is an improvement of TEN minutes since 2006- and this is on sore legs and 5hours sleep. ( Ever had issues) Problem is I can't remember much of the race, I can remember thinking I was having fun, thinking I should saver the moment, thinking it wasn't to hot. I do remember thinking- oh another water station, and am I done already?? I feel bad cause I completely dumped my buddy but after the race was over the woman in the photo admitted to dumping her boyfriend and her friend. The funny thing about her was as soon as we finished she wanted to know my best times for everything, and kept going on about how she felt I could definitely run a 1:35 half marathon- I am just hoping to finish one......and remember it.
Today, I can walk but I am having issues with stairs.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: