Sunday, August 31, 2008

Prayer

In the last on our churches series of James, Jason spoke on prayer using James 5:13-20 as the referencing text. The key point for me was the subject of healing prayer.
Now I totally believe that God does heal and that as a believer I can heal others.....but I am nervous about the whole experience. Case is point- I have a tender calf muscle and would love nothing more then for a healing but..my little calf isn't that important. How does it glorify God for me to receive a healing rather then be patient and let it heal on it's own? Would I not receive more blessing being patient?? I think I have faith for a healing but what if it doesn't work- then what? Will I resent God for not healing me? I think that if I asked for healing it would be a test..and what if God chose not to heal me..and what would my reaction be?

At the conclusion of the sermon Jason invited people to come and be anointed with oil and be prayer with for a healing...I sat in my pew.

No comments: