Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sauble Beach Hell Race

Title pretty much sums it up.

Hot, hot, hot- but was well hydrated. Tried coconut water instead of H20 or Gatorade. Not bad. Was warm so didn't do much of a warm up but attempted to stretch my tender left calf by various different means. Felt it was fine as it performed well at the track workout on Thursday. Enjoyed talking with my competition- Joan Matthews from Owen Sound at the start line. Started really well, around 4;14-30 for the first two kilometres and then my tight left calf went into spam. Tried to stretch it out, even gave it a little massage. Considered quiting and turning around but kept going- at a SLOW 5:30-6min/km pace hoping that it would loosen up eventually. I absolutely hated people passing me that I am completely capable of beating. It didn't. I managed to do a stagger-run and finish the 8km in 40:45. My goal was 35min. It killed me to see other people getting my medals. I do run for myself but I am competitive.
I guess I will be seeing a chiropractor for ART.

No comments: