Thursday, June 07, 2012

Math Of a Swim Pass

 
Posted by PicasaLast year I was very grateful to receive a leisure time grant from my employer. Basically, it gives you funds to allow you to participate in an activity not related to your job. For example salsa dance lessons, pottery class, creative writing correspondence course. etc. etc. I asked for and received funds sufficient to cover the cost of a yearly membership to the Hanover Pool.

By the numbers:
Cost of the membership (Was cheaper - this is 2012 rate)- $298
Times attended Lane Swim- 51.
Times attended Pool Boot Camp- 1
Times attended with kids-At least twice a month- 24

Cost of each visit- $3.92

The other option available is a 20 punch pass which works out to $4 per visit. As I will have more free time with the kids in school I do see myself using the pool more. Surprisingly not in the summer as I do like open water-as long as I have somebody to swim with. Also the summer hours are poor for lane swim. So I might hold off in purchasing another pass until September.

No comments: