Thursday, April 28, 2011

What I don't get...

So I am kinda feeling the Face book burn out. I get it now. A few of my friends quit FB, and at the time I just didn't understand but now I am seeing the light.

Basically there are two major issues that drive me insane.

The first being I just can't stand when people give a 'shout out' to people who are not on FB ie. "Happy birthday Jessie" Jessie happens to be six and does not have an account. Or "I'm so proud of you Missy for getting straight A's" Again Missy isn't on FB. Or my personal favorite, "Missing you tons today Grandpa". Grandpa is dead. What's the purpose? Perhaps it is the phrasing of it all that drives me nuts. Why not? " I am sad that my grandfather died. Or " I am and excellent  Chinese mother cause Missy got straight A's" Make the updates about YOU not the supporting cast.

Secondly, People are too darn happy. Really, it is great to hear about how darn cute your kids are, how super funny they can be and how you are the luckiest mother EVER, once and awhile. But daily??? Come on I don't buy it. Lets hear about real life. It makes the rest of us feel better about our patheticness.

Sure I am not the most emotional person out there, Ok so I have none and am a stone,  so i am sure everybody will forgive me for offending you. Or maybe I will be just unfriended.

No comments: