Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday Run


>
Cause Birthdays are not happy for everybody, and because sometimes people are in a grump on them, and sometimes it is best they are not around their loved ones on that day.... I went running on my birthday.

My plan was to run 33k on 33. I had hopes of a long Bruce trail run, however due to the lack of melting snow I had to alter that hope a bit. I also wanted a 'aided' run. There had to be water drops cause I am yet to purchase a hydration pack that works for me while running. I do have MEC one but it a little to much. Anyways I chose the long, straight, flat Georgian trail from Collingwood to Meaford. Very easy, mentally draining run. I went slow out and just wanted to complete the distance.

In the end I did 35k due to some confusion about the trail setting out from Collingwood. As always my favourite 'wildlife' of coffee drinking purse wearing animals were seen. Do not plan to do this again but if I did... planning it to ride a bike back to the start would make it better.

3 comments:

West Grey Runner said...

Happy 33 or is that 35! With the Ks you have been logging the past few weeks you are not just trail ready , you are Ultra ready.

Andrea said...

Happy b-day Anne! You look younger and healthier now than ever!

Alanna Rusnak said...

coffee drinking purse wearing animals...you crack me up!