Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mount Forest Triathlon

This was a little gravy race, community fundraiser. The organizers were really happy with the response with over 70 racers- a good percentage of those were relays so quite a few people on site.
This was a pool swim which I had never done before... and quite frankly I think I buck the trend and swim faster in open water. They said that the race was 500 metres and I'm sure it wasn't There was no way that pool was a 25 metres. In any event my time was 11:30. Slow any way you look at it. Also the wall wasn't so obvious I kept on running into it.
After you were done the swim you had to run through the change rooms out to the yard to your bikes, and as this was an entry level triathlon, you saw all manner of nakedness in the change room. Seriously it takes time to change, and there is nothing wrong with being wet for a little bit, and you do dry.
The bike was a windy, unexpectedly hilly out and back 20k. Some misery. Could have been faster at around 43 minutes. Wishing for race wheels.
Run was 2.5 not flat route completed twice. Portion of it along hwy 89 which was slightly scary. IF I was race director I would ran the loop in one direction on the way there and the other to come back. Little slower than I would have hoped- 25:30ish.

I had to leave as soon as I got food to get to work so I missed out on the posting of results which would have showed a second place finish. Although I don't know if there were awards or not.
The first place women does well- she has won the K-town triathlon several times- so bet her lead on me must have been at least 15- 20minutes.

No comments: