Friday, September 18, 2009

Thank Goodness

I hate shaking hands. I hate gripping dirty, puffy hands, that are weak. The touch has no meaning and my hands are always sweaty Awkward.
As a cultural practice of greeting I want no part of it. When forced I will say hug instead- I hate hugging even more though. Thus my dilemma Sunday mornings at church.
I dread the pastor asking us to stand and greet our neighbours in the pew. So then I become the weird one who just waves at everybody saying sorry but I do not shake hands. These people will gladly wash the feet of leapers but show no love to people to actually do not want you to touch them, I'm telling you I get looks of disgust for having personal space issues.

THUS
This past Sunday when it came time to greet our neighbours, AND the pastor mentioned that with concerns of spreading the impeding doom that is H1N1, perhaps we should not shake hands anymore, I almost yelled hallelujah.
Not that I think H1N1 is going to kill us all, and really we have been spreading viruses all along by shaking hands, but now I have a valid excuse for obstainning. Thank goodness!


On another note, Hallelujah is a hard word to spell.

No comments: