Saturday, August 08, 2009

Collen Lantz Run for Youth- A tale of THREE races





Today was the big day, for more then a year I have been waiting for Luke to run a race with me! Well not quite together, nor the same race- but was the same event.

I participated in the 10k race, Last year I got third, this year I got third. Different course so I can't really compare times. Actually rather difficult as it is hilly, and many turns keep you thinking you are close to the finish line, only to have you turn again. There was a section with fresh stone and chip that bothered me for some reason. I was in second place for half of the race, then started trading with another runner for third ( female), and I think I could have held onto to her for another few K's but then I had to stop and tie my shoe so I lost my groove. As well my knees were on the rather painful side, thus thinking it is physio for me... or I could lose 8 pounds. I thought there would wayyy more competition this year as the shore to shore and sauble was cancelled. Oh and I wore my tri tank for the first time in a race......short but somewhat cute i think. The green saugeen tri club members were all very cool.

Maya did the 1k fun run... and it was a real 1k. When asked about her race all she had to say was she didn't warm up. She ran a consistently even pace, and didn't want to sprint to the end so she 'wouldn't be too tired.' I don't think she was out of breath at the end.

Luke didn't want to write a race report. BUT I am insanely proud of him for WINNING the 5k stroller roll pushing Ever with a time of 27:20. As we were all putting on our race bibs, Ever was sad cause he didn't have one so I made him #1 little boy. Next Luke goal....half marathon????? Don't tell him that.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: