Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Stolen!

This evening after searching for the bike trailer in all it's usual haunts, and not finding it we concluded it had been stolen. We held a glimmer of hope that friends had just borrowed it and forgot to tell us- but that wasn't so. I looked around town where it may have been dumped, went to the police station to see if it had been turned in to no avail.

Later I decided to file a police report and on my way there, out of the corner of my eye I saw a familiar bike trailer.
The trailer held two children, and how the adults present acquired said item changed slightly until they conceded that it was mine and they would return it to me after the children had been taken home, and amazingly so we met, and they returned it.

For interest sake... they initially said it was from Canadian Tire, then they said her brother had given it to them. Each person said slightly a different thing until they realized nothing made sense and it had to be mine.

Now we need to figure out a better security system rather then just leaving it on the porch- the convenient oh so handy location.

No comments: