Saturday, June 07, 2008

Huron Shore Run


Another weekend, another race. Today I did the Huron shore run, a charity run for the Southampton hospital foundation. In the blistering heat I did the 10k in 52:18. which feels like a huge disappointment. I know it was bloody hot, but i really wanted to do better, although I did go into the race not having alot of expectations. I had a poor night prior due to the sickly/teething child, and I could not focus as I had the kids...but I just want to do better. What I really need to do is remember everything takes time and I need to have goals, and devise a training plan around those goals. Goals such as maintaining speed, gaining speed, and coping with the heat. I had no shot at a metal as the top three woman in my age catorgy had times under 44min.

My soul happiness for the day was realising that my pelvic floor has reaped the benefit of my increased kegal exercises.

Oh oh oh I am also very pleased for a friend of mine whom did the 5k in 25min thus earning her a sliver metal.

And thanks sooo much to Meghan who cared for the children while I ran and Luke was in a soccer tournament.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: