Saturday, April 12, 2008

On Running

To answer the question on how my running is going...



It is going fine. I still feel rather heavy lugging my body around with fifteen pounds I am yet to lose. Due the the extra weight I am having trouble getting in the speed work I need, but my endurance always seems to amaze me, if I had more time who knows the amount of kilometres I could add up. Speaking of adding up miles/ kilometres- of which I now have the ability to think of simultaneously, I received for my birthday the apple/nike run thingie- very cool. Although I think Luke has more fun with it then I am and he isn't even using it.

Another exciting development is the formation of the Saugeen triathlon club. I do not have enough time to learn to swim with any sort of skill but I do dualathlon (bike/run) it is great to be together with other fitness focused people who act to push you and support you. I am also liking the coached workouts. In time we may even get matching uniforms!!

So where is my running leading?.... Fitness, fitting into my pants, and longevity. In addition , there are a few races I want to do this year... maybe more then a few...



Chesley Community Classic



Mount Forest Trillium Run



Kincardine Woman's Triathlon



Owen Sound Triathlon



Wiarton Shore to Shore



Collingwood Half



Duntrun Trail Run



Sauble Beach 8km



Southampton 5km



Meaford 5km


Trail Run Horseshoe Valley

I know I will not be able to do them all, and if I place in any of them I would be surprised, but I just love a race and the food after. It is almost free!!! Well except for your entrance fee.

No comments: