Saturday, April 26, 2008

FOURTH!!!???@#@$@$




I ran my first race today since August 2008, and my first cross country race since I was 16. I must I was extremely surprised at the results. The race was a 5 Peaks trail series run in Horseshoe Valley. I did the short sport race at 4.6km. It actually was the largest race I have ever been in with over 500 registered runners. So I'm thinking competition is going to be tough and the runners in better form then a large breasted, heavy footed, wearing non- technical apparel, sleep deprived recreational runner. I was thinking around 5.5ishmin/kms for a 30min race. I had no idea how to seed myself and ended up getting some middle age women telling me I had better get started while the tail end of the third wave was going though the start line. In actual fact I should have been in the second seed as I did ALOT of passing and actually ended up being stuck behind slower runners in a single track section. Imagine my surprise when I went through the finish line and saw the clock at 28min. I was really pleased with 28minutes until Luke reminded me that I didn't start when the clock did. Thus when the chip time results where posted I let out a scretch for 25min. Then I looked for my age/gender category and scetched again for a forth place finish out of 58. So very happy I did so well but so disappointed I missed a cool metal. Oh well maybe the second place finisher will be disqualified for doping.

It was cool having Annie, John, and Brew there to cheer me on, and keep Luke company. Annie was also very helpful in leading me in some stretches...and what not to wear. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: